Hi my name is Emilie, I will be 11 on 2nd April 2017.
I was born 7 weeks early as a result I now have Cerebral Palsy.
I was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy when I was 3 yrs old, the day after my younger sister Evie was also diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy.
I can do most things now, but when I was younger I needed help from my mum and dad.
My walking is greatly affected; I intoe a lot on my left foot, my knees stoop when I tire, I have to wear splints and special boots. This can knock my confidence as they aren't comfy and they don't go well with my party dresses.
I have been accepted by Dr Park and his Team in St Louis America for an operation called Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy (SDR) this operation will help my walking and balance and I should be able to ride a bike afterwards with lots of practice.
It says that:
- My spasticity will be permanently reduced.
- My sitting and standing postures will be improved.
- My level of comfort will improve.
- My intoeing will improve.
- I will be able to walk independantly.
- The operation will prevent future deterioration.